Friday, February 13, 2009

ny fashion week, day 1

That's right my friends, it is Fashion Month again. Oh, how I wish I was living it, like the good ol' days, but unfortunately for me, I moved home from Paris, then to LA, where I am stuck for the foreseeable future. I have to admit, I really looked forward to Fashion Month, because, even if I couldn't travel to all the fab cities with my boss, and only got to see the Paris collections, while he was off traipsing in the other Lands of Fashion, I was on a mini vacation; coming into the office for an hour or so every day, and spending the rest of the time running around Paris with my friends, and drinking far more than I would if I had to work daily.

Here are my favorite looks from day 1 of New York Fashion Week. From Yigal Azrouel, Monique Lhullier, Catherine Holstein, Rachel Roy, Peter Som and Rebecca Minkoff.






photo credit: style.com and wwd.com

LOVE LOVE LOVE the zebra furry coat with the kaleidoscope dress, the shredded tee's under the formal gowns (I would really consider Monique Lhullier to be more couture than RTW, especially since those gowns are made to order, but whatevs), everyone disregard of political correctness and their use of fur, and the cropped creamy sweater (DIY project??).

No comments: