Thursday, February 26, 2009

insanity at the gold room, coffee the next day to discuss said insanity

Last night was one big circus. Random dude followed me to a bar, where I was chillin' with my friends. I was mortified. I couldn't stop laughing. I was horrified. OMG. It was like we were in a movie, as Jasmine said, that stuff couldn't be written. She does have it on film, but it was awfully painful to watch, as my voice is slightly abrasive and it's mainly me and J. Marie laughing, while Jasmine and Cory call Creep-0 a creep. I'm new to this whole, giving boys my number thing. It was one of those instances when I was half way through reciting my number, I had this sinking feeling that it was not a good idea. But instead of being smooth and throwing in a different number, I gave him the real thing. Boy did that backfire. Lesson learned, and once again the Gold Room never fails to disappoint.

Here is what I wore to what turned into a hysterical disaster. I have decided that it is much more fun to wear dresses at night, and since I have about 300 of them, I should only wear dresses after dark. So, goodbye jeans with heels!



(Vanessa Bruno Jacket, Urban Outfitters t-shirt, Marc by Marc Jacobs jeans, DIY Target shoes, antique ivory bracelet, mom's pocket watch, vintage LOVE ring)


Today, after a very uneventful morning, I met J. Marie and Jasmine for coffee at the Fix. I also sampled the ladies' signature lavender honey latte; it was amazing. The honey and the lavender go perfectly together and taste good with the coffee. I also brought some of the amazing vegan cookies from TJ's as a little treat for us. I know it is totally inappropriate to BYO cookies to a coffee shop, but when the coffee is 5 dollars, I think it's less offensive.

Although this outfit gave me no waist definition, and sort of gives me the look of a beer belly, there was something about the simplicity that I loved. I am also trying to wear lipstick more often. But somehow it always ends up all over my face...



(Dusty t-shirt, Comptoir des Cotonniers skirt, L'Autre Chose shoes, vintage bracelet, fish bracelet from X-Mas popper)

No comments: