Friday, February 13, 2009

the countdown begins: mcq alexander mcqueen for target

I tried to check and see if I had already written about this, but I don't think I have because I could never find the launch date. Just another way to keep us anxiously twiddling our thumbs. On March 4, the McQ Alexander McQueen for Target line is launched.

Inspired by Brit rockers, especially Leila Moss of The Duke Spirit, the collection is all legs, leather, gray denim, studs, and leggings.

photo credit: target via nylon.com

I am a fan of the leather vest, but after seeing the thrifted one I saw another blogger got for 6 dollars, the 129.99 price tag seems extreme.

I am not sure how much I will like it. As the McQ line tends to, it does not really do Alexander McQueen's vision and talent justice. But it looks very Alexander Wang, hipster, rocker, which as much as I tend to diss the look, I secretly love. So, if I love it, my shopping ban might be lifted for its release, but I am seriously trying to quit spending money on clothes and spend it on my house or activities, or food, or things that aren't THINGS.

No comments: