Friday, February 27, 2009

christopher bailey, will you marry me?

Leave it to the Italian shows to renew my faith in fashion. After the giant disappointment of London, Milan is kicking it up a notch.

Christopher Bailey presented an awesome collection for Burberry Prorsum that was part prairie, part Gothic, part Victorian bag lady. It was super dark and sombre, yet at the same time totally youthful.







(wwd.com)

He brought the hemlines down to right below the knee, with flowing, dirndl skirts coming out of slim and shrunken bodices. Refreshing after all the bandage dress bullshit, no? The white dresses with the gray tights and crazy platform sneaker booties are so simple, yet perfect. I wish I could describe them better, they are sort of baby doll, but not really. My costume history is failing me right now. And I love the felted wool cowls with the heavy sweaters, I just cant imagine how ginormous they were before they were felted. The fur cowls are lined in the Burberry plaid, it's a nice ode to classic Burberry.

Check out these crazy shoes. Crazy.



(style.com)

No comments: