Tuesday, January 13, 2009

liberty + nike = sweet sneaks

I first spotted these in the February issue of Teen Vogue. And man oh man was I smitten.

photo credit: nicekicks.com

Now, the angle of this pic is very strange, and makes them look like giant floral beasts. But imagine them in a dainty size 9 (HA!) and they are much more attractive.

Any one who knows me, knows I am obsessed with Liberty prints. It probably started from my infancy when I started wearing the smocked dresses that my mother made me, then the dresses my dolls wore, and then the dresses I made myself. At school, if it was possible, I would include a Liberty print as my print, to base the fabric story around. And don't even get me started about the store in London.


OMG. I almost died. Every product you could ever imagine in every Liberty print EVER. Unfortunately, the GBP was double the dollar at the time of my visit. Bummer. I did hear that the store might be going out of business, I will cry if that is, in fact, true.

Anyway, I will be dreaming of these sneakers in the days of unemployment ahead...

No comments: