Monday, January 26, 2009

that's what she said.

Anyone who considers Barney's the Mother Ship, as I do, knows what the inside of their dressing rooms look like. For those of us who can't afford the entire store, we stick to the Co-Op. It was maybe a year and a half or so ago, that all the Co-Op dressing room walls were covered in the funniest little silhouette portraits in a rainbow of colors with the best one-liners below them that described the person in the portrait. It turns out that these portraits are by the artist Carter Kustera.


photo credit: jonathanadler.com

I was browsing the Jonathan Adler website, via Dominomag.com, and saw you can custom order these portraits through the Jonathan Adler stores. Genius. That is all I can say about that.

Then I tried to think of the quotes I would put under my friends' and family's portraits. That definitely created a good hour of entertainment. Lucky for them, they all have much more attractive profiles than poor Andy from the above portrait.

No comments: