Saturday, January 3, 2009

x-mas gifts, part 2

I've been collecting gold charms since I left for Europe in the summer of 07. Since then, I have been to many different corners of the world, including most of Western Europe and South East Asia. I've tried to get the charms in every city or country I visit, though they can be really hard to find, so I've gotten a few after the fact as well. I've also added a few from my mom that she had laying around.

For Christmas, I asked for a gold chain so I could finally start wearing all of my charms! And this, my dear friends is the bracelet in all its glory!



From left to right, here are the charms: Stained glass window from Notre Dame in Paris, Pilote basket/racquet from Biarritz, France, crown from London, airplane to represent my world travels, antique baby ring from an old friend, Saint Christopher charm (originally a gift from my dad to my mom), pineapple (gift from my sister and her husband from their honeymoon in Hawaii), Arc de Triomf from Barcelona, Tiffany's "F" from high school, a mountain cottage for my trip to the Alto Adige, a Gurgling Cod from Boston, a Basque cross from Saint Sebastian, Spain, a windmill for Amsterdam, and last, my father's fraternity charm.

Currently missing is an amethyst that fell out of it's setting on NYE when I was leaving my friend's house for the party. I went back 2 days later, and found it in the parking lot! I figured it was a good omen for the new year. I also wanted to get a little jade elephant when I was in SE Asia, but never found one that was right, so my search continues!

Needless to say, I am very proud of this bracelet and plan on wearing it as much as possible and adding to it with charms to represent everywhere I go and every important event in my life.

No comments: