Sunday, November 16, 2008

online obssesion: oak

I was scanning through my various fashion blogs and online magazines today, when I came across a new-to-me online store. Oak is the online store for the NYC based boutique of the same name owned by Jeff Madalena and Louis Terline. Both men have design school educations and background in denim design and styling, which shows in their selectively cool merchandise. With brands like Grey Ant, Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair, Acne to higher end Anne Valerie Hash and Rick Owens drkshdw they stock clothes that would appeal to rich hipsters everywhere. My favorite part is that they have the most killer scarf selection of any store (online or otherwise) that I have ever seen, considering I rarely leave the house without one, this pleases me.

A few of my favorite things:


Yarnz scarf



Oak "trashed" jeans



Anzevino & Florence dress


Penny Loves Kenny shoe

As usual my love for animal prints shows...today is an especially zebra day. I can't decide if the zebra print wallabies are absolutely ridiculous or totally awesome. I'm leaning towards awesome.

Just add Oak to the list of reasons I need to plan a trip to New York.

No comments: