Tuesday, March 10, 2009

stella mccartney: bringin back the faith

I think a lot of us can agree that the Fall 2009 has been all around disappointing, especially compared to some of the phenomenal Pre-Fall collections that were presented by the same designers that have failed to impress me this season. Only a few of my faves have managed to keep that title, and Stella McCartney is one of them.

I've gotten into a few discussions with people about Stella McCartney, and how she can be considered sort of boring and not progressive. Yes, she can be a bit predictable, sky high heels, lots of legs and tuxedos and of course her signature colors, blue, army green, grey and black. But what she does best are great basics with her signature twist that look awesome on, and never does anything but her own thing. She has been quoted multiple times saying that she designs only clothes she would wear, and that gives her work a certain amount of integrity that I totally respect. And her vegan shoes. Don't even get me started.





I would have paired some of those killer, super-hero, stripper shoes with the peak-a-boo dresses, no?





(style.com)

No comments: