Wednesday, March 11, 2009

alexander mcqueen = coocoobananas

Wow. Other than a few feathers here and there, Alexander McQueen has done a total 180 from his last few collections. No more exotic fairy princesses here. It's all about M.C. Escher, bondage and sex dolls, black crows, 1940's, killer alien robots with a little Boy George and Kabuki for good measure. Yeah, that's what I said. It's about all those things.









(wwd.com)


Sorry to post SO many pictures, but there is just something crazy going on in every look; it is totally overwhelming. It's sort of entertaining trying to figure out which model is which, because they are unrecognizable! I wonder if Kate Blanchett will be able to find anything out of this collection?

I hate to say it, but I miss the romance. Even if it always was a dark romance.

P.S. I love how Paris Fashion Week seems to just go on forever and ever. It's like Christmas. But, not really.

No comments: