Thursday, December 18, 2008

wine tasting partay at the murphy's

I was lucky enough to be invited to my good friends' Linsday and Kevin's house for a wine tasting of Argentinian Wines from Anuva Vinos, a Buenos Aries based wine distribution club. Due to the stormy/snowy/icy weather, I had left 2 messages for them saying I wasn't coming and then I was. Due to the hilly location of my parent's house, I didn't know if I was going to be able to venture back out till about an hour before the party started. Man, am I glad I made it!

We tasted 6 bottles, 1 white and 5 red, and got the presentation straight from the founder and Portland native, Daniel Karlin.



The wines sampled were limited production, carefully selected Argentinian wines and included Anecon Torrentès 206 (white and delicious), Cavagnara Malbec Reserve 2004, Familia Mayol Bonarda 2005, Zaino Malbec Reserve 2004, Don Juan Reserve Blend 2004 and finally Mudai Pinot Noir 2005. By the 3rd bottle, I wasn't really paying much attention to the presentation and was interested more in socializing. But presentation or not, it was a super fun party.

The food and friends were fab; the Murphy's throw the wildest and most fun parties of anyone I know. In addition to the holidays, we got to celebrate Pat and Kelly's engagement (YAY!!!) and my homecoming (duh).



Mr. Murphy et Moi.


Lindsay, Kelly and Me.


Oh. And I got bangs.


Lindsay wears a J. Crew Sweater, Kelly a Marni Dress and I forget what label fabulous furry jacket and I wear a Gap men's flannel shirt, Petit Bateau t-shirt, Earnest Sewn Jeans, Vialis boots (not shown) and Bucherer watch.

I must repeat that day/nights outfit. As it was super comfortable, I first got dressed that morning at 5 am for my 7 am flight, and cozy for the cold weather. I topped the look of with my J. Crew (Balenciaga) Blazer and my DIY green cowl scarf.



Kevin in his Ugly Christmas Sweater. I think for a minute they thought about giving it that theme.

Thanks Lindsay and Kevin for a super fun time!

No comments: