Wednesday, October 8, 2008

in case you were wondering, i'm the girl in the leopard print boots.

Back in June, I was wondering around down town with my dear friend Anna, when we stopped into the shoe store Olive. I've never been a huge fan of this store, not really sure why, it's probably that I have a weakness for Halo and tend to go their before anywhere else when it comes to big shoe purchases. Anyway, back to June. We quickly browsed, and as we were leaving I spotted just about the most beautiful boots I've ever laid my eyes on. Knee high, chestnut brown, flat but with the slightest platform, with HAND PAINTED leopard spots by Georgina Goodman. the $800+ price tag prevented me from trying them on, even for shits and giggles. There was just NO WAY.



I left the store feeling sad, knowing I would never ever have those shoes in my possession. Fast forward 3 or 4 months, I was out shopping with my mom, who was on the hunt for new ballet flats and new flat boots. No luck at Halo, so i remembered about Olive, and the leopard boots. Drove past Olive, to find that it was no longer there! The sadness of that first day returned. Thank goodness for the Internet. WOO! Not only does Olive have a website, but my beloved boots were 60% off and available in my size. Making them, still expensive, but about the price I would pay for a new pair of boots full price. I don't think I've ever pulled my credit card out faster.

Since Olive is based in Portland, my shoes came in less than 48 hours. They are just as pretty in person. For that very reason, and their still hefty, tho lowered price tag, I will be sporting these boots on a near daily basis. I have yet to sufficiently play dress up with them yet, so I'll be posting outfits featuring the new loves of my life a little later. So, yes, that girl with the bright blond hair and the leopard boots on the other side of the bar or crossing the street or eating lunch, is most likely me.

No comments: