Sunday, October 5, 2008

back to the blogging world.

As some of you may know, this is not my first foray into the fashion/style blogging world. While living in Paris this past year, I kept my friends and family updated with my adventures across the world via my blog Fanny a Paris. Along with my daily gripes about being an American in Paris, I also commented on the various fashion-y things I was doing. It has been over 6 months since i wrote on that blog. When I moved back to Portland, my plan was to start a street style blog, a la Scott Schuman's The Sartorialist, as a way to pass the time as well as an excuse to take photos of all the hipsters that have suddenly taken over my home town, and not feel guilty for my constant bar hopping. But, a mixture of laziness and shyness kept me from pursuing that goal. For some reason, I just don't have the guts to walk up to some random person in a bar or on the sidewalk, and ask to take their picture. This is shocking to some people, I know.

So, I have finally escaped the black hole I was living in and with a new blog address and fresh batch of motivation and inspiration, I have decided share myself, my ideas and opinions on fashion/art/style, etc. with all of you.

No comments: